5 March 2019: The Current Affairs section of QuickMySupport to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as the Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-dhan Yojana, ‘One Nation, One Card’ model and world’s most polluted city of 2018 among others.
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi on March 5, 2019 launched the Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-dhan Yojana from which state?
ANSWER : Gujarat
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on March 5, 2019 launched the Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-dhan Yojana (PM-SYM), a mega pension scheme for unorganised sector, from Gandhinagar, Gujarat. The scheme was announced in the Interim Budget 2019.
2. Which Ministry came up with the ‘One Nation, One Card’ Model to enable seamless travel by different metros and other transport systems across the country besides retail shopping and purchases?
ANSWER : Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on March 4, 2019 launched ‘One Nation, One Card’ Model from Ahmedabad, Gujarat for seamless travel through different metros and other transport systems. The Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs introduced the ‘National Common Mobility Card’ (NCMC) to enable seamless travel by different metros and other transport systems across the country besides retail shopping and purchases.
3. Joint bilateral exercise ‘Exercise Al Nagah 2019’ will be held from March 12 to 25, 2019 between India and which country?
ANSWER : Oman
Exercise Al Nagah III, third in the series of bilateral joint exercise between India and Oman, is scheduled to be held from March 12 to 25, 2019 at Jabel Al Akhdar Mountains in Oman. The exercise will see both the armies exchanging expertise and experience in tactics, weapon handling and firing.
4. Which city was ranked as the World’s most polluted city of 2018 as per the report released by IQAir AirVisual and Greenpeace on March 5, 2019?
ANSWER : Gurugram
Seven of the top 10 most polluted cities in the world are in India, according to a new study showing South Asia’s battle with deteriorating air quality. Gurugram, a part of Delhi-NCR region, led all cities in pollution levels in 2018.
5. Who was nominated by Indian Government for the post of the new Director-General of Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO)?
ANSWER : Ramesh Chand
India nominated NITI Aayog member Ramesh Chand for the post of the new Director-General of Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO). The other candidates are Qu Dongyu of China, Medi Moungui of Cameroon, Catherine Geslain-Laneelle of France and Davit Kirvalidze of Georgia.
6. Which nation has suspended its participation in Intermediate-Range Nuclear treaty with the United States?
ANSWER : Russia
Russian President Vladimir Putin has officially suspended the country’s participation in a key Cold War-era nuclear arms-control treaty with the United States. Putin signed a decree regarding the suspension of Russia’s participation in the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces treaty between the USSR and the US in 1987. The move was taken following a violation of the United States of its obligations under the treaty.
7. ISRO has launched Young Scientist Programme for children studying in which class?
ANSWER : 9th class
The Indian Space Research Organisation has launched a special programme for school children studying in 9th standard called Yuva Vigyani Karyakram or Young Scientist Programme. The programme aims at imparting basic knowledge on space technology, space science and space applications to the younger ones.
8. US has decided to end the designation of India and which nation as beneficiary developing countries under the GSP programme?
ANSWER : Turkey
US President Donald Trump informed the US Congress on March 4, 2019 that he intends to end the designation of India and Turkey as beneficiary developing countries under the GSP programme. The key reason behind the decision is the vast growth seen in the economy of Turkey in the last four-and-a-half decades.
9. Which nation has reiterated its support for India’s permanent seat in reformed UN Security Council?
ANSWER : France
France, which assumed the March Presidency of the United Nations Security Council, has reiterated its support for India as the permanent member of the powerful UN organ, saying the UNSC’s enlargement is the first crucial part towards its reform. India has been calling for the reform of the UN Security Council along with Brazil, Germany and Japan for long.
10. Bharat Mohan Adhikari, the former deputy Prime Minister of this nation passed away on March 2.
ANSWER : Nepal
Former Deputy Prime Minister of Nepal and Senior leader of ruling Nepal Communist Party (NCP), Bharat Mohan Adhikari passed away at the age of 83 on March 2, 2019. Adhikari was very popular among the common people for introducing “Aafno Gaun Aafai Banau”, a development programme aimed at developing villages across the country by giving them the authority to select local projects on their own.